Bigstream is looking for a DevOps Engineer/System Administrator to help lead the way as we deploy and expand our systems infrastructure. You will be a key contributor and an advocate for the way we build, maintain, and improve our infrastructure and its management. This position will lead the design of our system architecture and provide advanced technical support and leadership required to effectively deliver the high-quality, timely IT solutions and services that meet Bigstream’s business needs.
By joining the Bigstream team, you are entering a world of cutting-edge development and innovation, where you will get both encouragement and guidance as well as a free hand to solve tough technical problems using good design and personal inspiration. As a member of a well-funded early stage startup, you will receive an equity share and market rate salary, as well as good food, rocking coffee, company outings, and freedom to be yourself. And, of course, medical and 401k benefits too.
- Work closely with developers to identify infrastructure needs, create and implement tooling and structure
- Help automate and streamline our operations and processes in the evaluation of system requirements, architectures, models, designs and release/deployment plans
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments
- Research and implement productivity enhancing tools for systems administration activities
- Act as a technical expert for our infrastructure and help expand awareness of best practices and IT solutions among the Engineering team
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science and/or Computer Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- 3-5+ years of experience with systems and IT operations, such as software and systems development, configuration, deployment, and release management
- Experience with cluster management using Linux, specifically with AWS & Azure (CLI or API level)
- Experience with shared file systems, like NFS and HDFS
- Experience with Big Data frameworks, like Spark, Hadoop, Presto, Hive, TensorFlow, and Keras is a huge plus
- Experience with SCM tools, like Github
- Experience with build tools, like Ant, Mavan, Gradle, CMake
- Demonstrate experience with setting up, developing, and maintaining CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins
- Extremely well-versed with Linux (e.g. multiple distributions such as Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS, etc.)
- Familiarity with Windows and MacOS
- Proficiency in Python and shell scripting
- Strong grasp of automation tools, such as Chef and Puppet
- Excellent understanding in performance, scalability, and distributed system management
- Ability to install, maintain, and use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Solid interpersonal, written, and team collaboration skills
Bigstream welcomes people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives in all functions of the business.